The Sacred Heart University field hockey team dropped a 3-0 decision to 20th ranked Albany on Wednesday afternoon. The loss drops the Pioneers to 5-9 on the year, while the Great Danes improve to 8-5.
Hailey Power didn't allow a goal in the final 41:23 of action, finishing with nine saves in the contest.
The Pioneers return to action on Sunday, travelling to MAAC foe Bryant for a 4 p.m. contest.
- Katie MacCallum gave Albany he lead in the 13th minute, with a penalty corner goal from Frederike Helmke and Kelsey Briddell
- Briddell assisted on the Great Danes second tally as well, feeding Dana Bozek at the 19:19
- MacCallum found the back of the cage for a second time at 28:37, netting a pass from Anna Bottino
- Power's save total is her second highest of the season
- Albany outshot the Pioneers 19-3 for the game, with the Pioneers shots coming in the second half
- The Great Danes had a 6-2 edge in penalty corners