The Sacred Heart University field hockey team dropped a 4-0 decision to visiting Pacific on Johnson Field Monday morning. The loss drops the Pioneers to 2-4 on the year, while the Tigers improve to 3-3.
Pacific scored the game winning goal at the 26:15 mark of the first-half, when Ash Rutherfort knocked home a pass cross the mouth of the goal from Savannah Burns. Pacific added three goals in the second-half for the final margin.
The Pioneers return to action on September 17 when they travel to Hofstra.
- Rutherford tapped in a pass from Burns on the near post to open the scoring midway in the first-half
- Rutherford found the net again at the 42:31 mark to give the Tigers a 2-0 advantage
- Pacific scored twice on penalty corners, as Kriekie van Wyk (48:25) and Burns (61:35) both netted goals
- The teams both earned three penalty corners in the opening half, with Pacific ending the game with a 9-5 advantage in the category
- SHU was outshot 17-5
- Pioneer goalkeepers reached eight saves in a game for the second consecutive outing