Nov. 22, 2006
Sacred Heart vs. Brown Post Game Notes
- The Pioneers are 1-3 to open a season for the first time since 2000-01 when they lost their first three games and beat Yale in the fourth game of the season.
- Senior Amanda Pape has struggled offensively through the first four games, shooting just 21.8% (12-55) from the field. She leads the team with 13 assists but also has a team-high 15 turnovers.
- Pape saw her streak of 26-straight games in double figures fall to the wayside Tuesday night. The senior captain finished just three-of-14 from the field for six points. She has scored in double digits in 41 of her last 43 games.
- Pape failed to get to the foul line in Tuesday's loss at Brown, marking the first time in the senior's career she hasn't shot at least one free throw in a game. A streak that spanned 91-straight games.
- Sophomore Kaitlin Sowinski continued to put up impressive offensive numbers and is coming off a career-high night at Brown. Sowinski scored a career-topping 21 points while hitting 13-of-14 at the free throw line, also career marks. She currently leads the team at 11.5 points per game.
- Junior Lisa Moray drew her second start of the season Tuesday night and played a career-high 36 minutes. Moray made the most of her time, scoring a career-best 23 points, hitting seven-of-12 from behind the three-point arc, one three off the school record of eight.
- Senior Kerri Burke was limited to 14 minutes, all in the first half, due to a back injury. The senior point guard is considered day-to-day and a game time decision.
- The loss at Brown opened a three-game road trip against the Ivy League. SHU is now 3-3 against the Bears and 16-12 all-time versus Ivy schools.
- Senior Jasmie Walker's 10 rebounds at Brown has moved her to sixth on the all-time list with 651 career boards.