Bert DeSalvo joined Jessica Mannetti's staff as an assistant coach prior to the 2016-17 season. DeSalvo brings an extensive coaching background across all divisions with him to Sacred Heart.
DeSalvo received a Bachelors of the Arts from the University of Rhode Island in 2002 and a Masters of Science from Duquesne in 2009.
- Spent one year as the Head Coach of the Southern Connecticut State University women's basketball team where he led the Owls to an NE-10 tournament appearance, finishing with the fifth best record in the league
- Under his helm, the Owls improved their overall and conference record against a challenging schedule to be ranked 10th in the D2SIDA East Region for two consecutive weeks
- Making sure his team was well rounded under his leadership, the Owls were nominated for the WBCA Division II Academic Top 25 Honor Roll earning a 3.32 overall team GPA. Likewise, SCSU women’s basketball was active in the community donating over 360 hours of community service through the academic year to earn the 2015 SCSU Community Service Cup
- Spent four years at the helm of the Penn State-Beaver women’s basketball program compiling a 99-26 record. His team qualified for the USCAA National Tournament all four season with the Lady Lions finished as the National runner-up in 2011 after an undefeated regular season
- Led Penn State-Beaver to the PSUAC Regular Season Championship three straight years (2009, 2010, 2011), and three consecutive PSUAC Post-Season Conference Titles (2008, 2009, 2010). The 2008 PSUAC Coach of the Year developed numerous All-Conference and All-Americans at Penn State-Beaver, and coached the PSUAC Player of the Year four consecutive years
- His first collegiate coaching experience came as an assistant men’s basketball coach at the University of Maryland-Eastern Shore for the 2005-06 season, where he was responsible for developing three members of the MEAC All-Rookie Team and an All-MEAC Second Team selection