FAIRFIELD, Conn. – The Sacred Heart women's basketball schedule for the upcoming 2017-18 season received its finishing touches Thursday as the Northeast Conference released its schedule.
Here are the key dates of the conference schedule:
- The Pioneers open NEC play on Dec. 29 against Saint Francis U, followed by a matchup with defending champions Robert Morris on New Year's Eve.
- SHU plays six games out of seven in January on the road. After three straight away contests at Mount St. Mary's (Jan. 6), Wagner (Jan. 8), and Central Connecticut (Jan. 13), the Pioneers take on Bryant at the Pitt Center on Jan. 15.
- The Pioneers wrap up January at Fairleigh Dickinson on Jan. 20, LIU Brooklyn on Jan. 27, and St. Francis Brooklyn on Jan. 29.
- SHU begins February with three of its first four games at the Pitt Center. The Pioneers host CCSU on Feb. 3 before going to Bryant on Feb. 5. SHU returns home for games against Wagner (Feb. 10) and Mount St. Mary's (Feb. 12).
- After going to Robert Morris and Saint Francis U Feb. 17 and 19, the Pioneers close NEC play with a three-game homestand beginning Feb. 24 against St. Francis Brooklyn. SHU will also host LIU Brooklyn on Feb. 26 and FDU on March 4.
- The NEC has changed the format for this season's conference tournament. The top two seeds will serve as "pods" for the quarterfinal and semifinal rounds on March 7 and 8, with the championship game held at the highest remaining seed on March 11.
Game Times for the 2017-18 season will be announced at a later date. Fans interested in season tickets can email PioneerTickets@sacredheart.edu.