SACRED HEART (11-15, 8-7 NEC) vs. Bryant (13-13, 8-7 NEC)
GAME 27 * Smithfield, R.I. * Chace Wellness Center * 7:00 PM *
Setting the Scene... The Pioneers and Bulldogs are neck-and-neck in the battle for fourth place in the Northeast Conference. Both come into Monday night's matchup looking to rebound from a Saturday loss. Sacred Heart is hoping to complete the season sweep of Bryant having already beaten the Bulldogs earlier this season at home 84-78.
Series Notes... This is the 19th time in program history the Pioneers have played Bryant
- The Pioneers lead the all-time series, 11-7
- Sacred Heart is 10-0 against the Bulldogs since Bryant joined the Division I ranks and the Northeast Conference four years ago
- When facing each other as Division II teams, the Bulldogs led the series 1-7, with SHU only taking one game at home
SHU Against the NEC... Sacred Heart is 216-109 all-time against Northeast Conference opponents
- The Pioneers went 13-5 last season against the NEC, including a nine-game winning streak
- SHU has a winning record against all NEC teams: Bryant 11-7, Central Connecticut State 28-14, Fairleigh Dickinson 24-1, LIU Brooklyn 15-14, Mount St. Mary's 24-5, Robert Morris 20-8, Saint Francis U 16-10, St. Francis Brooklyn 23-10 and Wagner 20-9
The Head Coaches... Jessica Mannetti is in her first season as a collegiate head coach when the Pioneers tip-off in 2013-14. She comes to Sacred Heart after spending the past four seasons as an assistant coach at Hofstra University on Krista Kilburn-Steveskey's staff. While at Hofstra, Mannetti helped guide the Pride to a 72-55 record as well as a pair of appearances in the WNIT... Mary Burke, the three-time Rhode Island Women's Basketball Coach of the Year ('07, '08, '13), will enter her 23rd season as head coach of the Bryant women's basketball team in 2013-14. In 2012-13, Burke helped guide the Bulldogs to a 12-18 overall record and their first ever trip to the Northeast Conference Tournament. Bryant won eight of its final 13 games to clinch the eighth and final spot in the 2013 NEC Tournament, the program's inaugural postseason appearance at the Division I level.
Up Next... Sacred Heart returns home Saturday afternoon for its final home game of the regular season. As part of a women's/men's doubleheader, the women's basketball team will host LIU Brooklyn at 1:00 p.m.