Pioneers Take on the Colonials Monday Night in NEC Showdown Live on ESPN3
SACRED HEART (10-12, 7-4 NEC) vs. Robert Morris (13-9, 9-2 NEC)
GAME 23 * Moon Township, Pa. * Charles L. Sewall Center * 7:00 PM *
Setting the Scene... The Sacred Heart women's basketball team looks to snap its two-game losing streak Monday night against first place Robert Morris University live on ESPN3. The Colonials are hoping to build off the momentum of Saturday's eventful 101-95 double overtime win over St. Francis Brooklyn.
Series Notes... This is the 29th time in program history the Pioneers have played Robert Morris
- The Pioneers lead the all-time series, 21-7
- Earlier this season, the Pioneers downed the Colonials 71-57 at home. In that game, Gabrielle Washington made history becoming the first player in the Northeast Conference to post consecutive 30-plus point games
- All 28 meetings have been as Northeast Conference rivals
- SHU has battled Robert Morris in the NEC Tournament four times, winning twice and losing twice
- The Pioneers lost the NEC Championship to the Colonials in 2007 by just two points, 68-66
SHU Against the NEC... Sacred Heart is 215-106 all-time against Northeast Conference opponents
- The Pioneers went 13-5 last season against the NEC, including a nine-game winning streak
- SHU has a winning record against all NEC teams: Bryant 11-7, Central Connecticut State 28-13, Fairleigh Dickinson 24-1, LIU Brooklyn 15-14, Mount St. Mary's 24-4, Robert Morris 20-7, Saint
Francis U 16-10, St. Francis Brooklyn 22-10 and Wagner 20-9
The Head Coaches... Jessica Mannetti is in her first season as a collegiate head coach when the Pioneers tip-off in 2013-14. She comes to Sacred Heart after spending the past four seasons as an assistant coach at Hofstra University on Krista Kilburn-Steveskey's staff. While at Hofstra, Mannetti helped guide the Pride to a 72-55 record as well as a pair of appearances in the WNIT... Sal Buscaglia, now in his 11th season at RMU, began the renaissance of Colonials basketball with his arrival in 2003-04. Since he has taken over, the women's basketball program has played in five national tournaments, won two Northeast Conference championships and earned playoff berths in nine seasons.
Up Next... After wrapping up the road trip at Robert Morris, the Pioneers head home to host Mount St. Mary's on Saturday at 2:00 p.m.