SACRED HEART (2-2) vs. Siena (2-2)
GAME 5 * Loudonville, N.Y. * Alumni Recreation Center * 7:00 PM*
Setting the Scene... After taking a nail-biter from Saint Peter's Saturday 76-73, the Sacred Heart women's basketball (2-2) team looks to ride that mo- mentum Tuesday night in Loudonville, N.Y. when they face the Siena Saint in the Alumni Recreation Center. The Saints (2-2) are also riding high after their buzzer- beating 61-60 win over North Florida in the consolation round of the TD Bank Classic in Burlington, Vt. The Pioneers have collected W's in each of the past three years against Siena, defeating the Saints by just one point last year, 61-60.
Series Notes... This is the fifth time in program history the Pioneers have faced off against Siena
- The Pioneers lead the all-time series 3-1
- Sacred Heart has won the both game they played at home against Siena in 2010-11 and 2012-13, and two out of the three on the road
- Last year, SHU squeezed out a 61-60 win over the Saints at home on December 30
SHU Against MAAC... Sacred Heart is 20-22 all-time against MAAC opponents
- The Pioneers went 3-0 last year against the MAAC with wins over Saint Peter's (79-34), Manhattan (55-38) and Siena (61-60)
- The only MAAC teams Sacred Heart has a winning record against are Rider, Saint Peter's and Siena
- SHU has faced Manhattan (2-3), Fairfield (5-9), Iona (2-5), Rider (2-0), Saint Peter's (6-4), and Siena (3-1). They have not played against Canisus, Loyola, Marist or Niagara.
The Head Coaches... Jessica Mannetti is in her first season as a collegiate head coach when the Pioneers tip-off in 2013-14. She comes to Sa- cred Heart after spending the past four seasons as an assistant coach at Hofstra University on Krista Kilburn-Steveskey's staff. While at Hofstra, Mannetti helped guide the Pride to a 72-55 record as well as a pair of appearances in the WNIT. Ali Jaques enters her second season as the head coach of the Siena Col- lege Women's Basketball program. In her inaugural season she guided the Saints to a 13-18 overall record including an 8-10 mark in the MAAC and a berth in the conference semifinals.
Up Next... The Pioneers return home after the Thanksgiving break to face Iona Tuesday, December 3 at 7:00 p.m. in the William H. Pitt Center.