Women's Hoops Continues Hunt for First Win Saturday at Yale
SACRED HEART (0-1) at YALE (5-4, 3-1)
GAME 2 * New Haven, Conn. * John J. Lee Amphitheater * 3:00 PM*
Setting the Scene... The Sacred Heart women's basketball team heads up the road Saturday on the hunt for their first win of the season against the Yale Bulldogs. The Pioneers are hoping to snap the Bulldogs' two-game win streak behind the strong shooting of Gabrielle Washington (26 points against St. John's) and Caitlyn Abela (16 points against St. John's.
Series Notes... This is the 16th time in program history the Pioneers have played Yale
- The Pioneers lead the all-time series 12-3
- Sacred Heart has won every game against Yale since joining Division I in 1999 (11-0)
- On January 2, 2013, the last time the Pioneers took on Yale, Sacred Heart squeezed out a 67-62 victory.
SHU Against the Ivy League... Sacred Heart is 26-18 all-time against Ivy League opponents
- This is the only time this season that Sacred Heart will face a member of the Ivy League
- The Pioneers went 1-0 last year against the Ivy topping Yale in their only meeting
- The only Ivy League teams Sacred Heart has a winning record against are Yale, Columbia and Princeton
- SHU has faced Brown (3-3), Columbia (5-4), Cornell (0-1), Dartmouth (0-2), Harvard (2-3), Princeton (4-2) and Yale (12-3). They have never played University of Pennsylvania