Your #NECpride can earn you a ticket to NEC Basketball "Social" Media Day.
The Northeast Conference is bringing its season tip-off festivities back to Brooklyn, and you can win a VIP pass that will put you in the middle of the action on October 22 at Barclays Center.
The only other requirements for a chance to win your way to Brooklyn are an Instagram account and a little bit of creativity.
Those interested in winning must make an Instagram video (15 seconds or less) in which they show their #NECpride and give a reason why they should receive a VIP invitation to "Social" Media Day.
Beginning Friday September 27, fans may enter the contest by posting their Instagram videos using the hashtag #NECinNYC. You MUST include the hashtag to be eligible and it's also probably a good idea to wear some school apparel in the video.
All submissions must be posted on Instagram by Sunday, October 6. From that pool, the NEC staff will hand pick up to 10 finalists who will advance to the voting round. Voting will commence on October 7 and run through October 10. The entry with the most votes will win the NEC Basketball "Social"Media Day Grand Prize Pack.
Complete details are listed below. Now get to work, and maybe we'll see you in Brooklyn.
NEC Basketball "Social" Media Day Contest (Rules & Regulations)
Grand Prize Pack Contents
- Complimentary admission for two to attend NEC Basketball Social Media Day at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
- NEC apparel prize pack.
- $200 Visa gift card.
- Four tickets to any NEC regular season game.
- Brooklyn's own Junior's Cheesecake Gift Certificate.
- Meet and greet/pic with favorite coach/player.
- Winner interviewed on NEC Front Row broadcast.
- Fans submit an Instagram video (15 seconds or shorter) that captures their #NECPride/pride in their school and why they deserve to attend Media Day.
- To be eligible video sumbissions MUST use the #NECinNYC hashtag.
- Instagram photos are not eligible to win.
- Instagram users with "private" profiles will not be able to submit.
- All entries must be submitted by Sunday, October 6.
- Fan voting will begin on October 7 and end at midnight on October 10.
- The best entries (up to ten) as determined by the NEC staff will be displayed on the NEC website. A direct link to the contest page will be provided once the voting period begins.
- Fans who wish to vote MUST be logged in to Instagram.
- After watching the videos, mouse over the Instagram logo above the video you wish to vote for. Click on the "View on Instagram" button, which will take you to the native Instagram link for the video. There click on the red heart to like the video.
- The video that receives the most likes will be declared the winner.
- The NEC will notify the grand prize winner by commenting on the winning video and providing a contact number to begin making arrangements.