Paul will be entering his tenth season at the reigns of the men's tennis program in 2015-16. Prior to coming to Sacred Heart, he served as an assistant coach for the Yale University tennis program from 1999 to 2002, where he helped lead the men's program to a top-50 national ranking. He has also served as the Coordinator for Connecticut for the United States Tennis Association in New England, where he helps coordinate events and programs to promote tennis with colleges, community groups, and tennis clubs in the state.
A member of the USPTA (United States Professional Tennis Association) as both a tennis professional and coach since 1995, Gagliardi has traveled internationally as a player, and at one point, was the #1 ranked open division player in New England. In 2006, he was named the USPTA New England Tennis Professional of the Year. His time at USPTA has given him the opportunity to coach and train world ranked players, as well as participate in the Pilot Pen International tennis tournament as a hitting partner.
At Providence College, Gagliardi was a four-year starter on the tennis team, where he helped lead the program to top regional ranking. He served as a team captain during the 1995-1996 season, when he also received the school's senior award for academic and athletic excellence.
- Two time Northeast Conference Coach of the Year (2009,2012)
- 2011-12 ITA Regional Coach of the Year
- Led team to both the 2011 and 20112 Northeast Conference Championship
- Led Pioneers to program best 16-8 in 2011-12.
- Coached two time NEC Player of the Year Kirill Kasyanov (2010-11)
- 2009-10 ITA All-Academic Team Award (3.2+ GPA)