FAIRFIELD, CT - Sophomore Alison Brosky (Manhasset, NY) represented the Sacred Heart Equestrian team at the 2013 IHSA National Championship, becoming the first Pioneer in program history to compete in that event. The event was held at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg, PA.
Brosky qualified to compete in Individual Novice Fences thanks to her win at the IHSA 2013 Zone II Championship. The sophomore rider finished sixth overall in a class of 16 athletes at the event. Brosky finished with a score of 79, riding "Desi", on loan from the Unviersity of Findlay.
Judges for the event were Anne Braswell and Bobby Braswell as riders competed over one round of fences with no additional testing.
Individual Novice Fences Final Results:
1. Abigayle Raucher, Mount Holyoke College
2. Samantha Cram, St. Andrews University
3. Virginia Noblet, Penn State University
4. Zachary Gellman, Vanderbilt University
5. Kiana Berry, Northern Kentucky University
6. Alison Brosky, Sacred Heart University
7. Claire Nitsche, Western Washington University
8. Amber Lovewell, Slippery Rock University
9. Sydney Adler, University of California San Diego
10. Alissa Frederick, Black Hawk College