Meghan Miller ’01 joined the Sacred Heart University Department of Athletics staff in October 2012. She serves as the Senior Associate Athletics Director for Compliance and is the Pioneers Senior Woman Administrator.
Miller is responsible for the direction of the department’s NCAA Compliance efforts, including oversight of the Director of Compliance. In addition, Miller oversees the athletic financial aid program, Academic Services and Student Development and is the liaison to numerous campus constituencies.
Miller earned a B.S. in Human Movement and Sports Science/Athletic Training from SHU in May 2001. She was a member of the Pioneer swimming and diving program during her time as an undergraduate. She earned a Master of Science in Management of Sports Industries from the University of New Haven in May 2003.
- Began a four-year term as a member of NCAA International Student Records Committee in September 2015
- Member of NEC Strategic Planning Committee
- Began term as Northeast Conference SWA Committee Liaison in June 2016
- Is the athletics department liaison to admissions, student affairs, financial aid, bursar, and residential life
- Is the program administrator for women’s volleyball, softball, and women’s rugby
- Worked within the Department of Athletics at the University of Bridgeport for seven years, from August 2005 through October 2016
- Named Senior Associate AD for Compliance & Business in August 2011, taking on day-to-day compliance operations, in addition to her business duties
- Promoted to Associate Director of Athletics in February 2006 and began overseeing the departments business operations, as well as team scheduling
- Provided home game management for eleven NCAA Division II sports, including officials and ticketing
- Coordinated all aspects of team travel,
- Began her tenure as Assistant Athletic Trainer and SWA, providing medical coverage for nine teams
- Reestablished the Student Athlete Advisory Committee in her first year at Bridgeport
- Named to ECAC Board of Director for 2012-2016 term
- Began her collegiate career as a Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer at the University of New Haven in August of 2001
- Upon completion of her degree she was named an Assistant Athletic Trainer with the Chargers
- Miller was promoted to Director of Sports Medicine at New Haven in February 2005
- Completed the NACWAA/HERS Institute in June 2007
- Served on the NCAA Division II Volleyball Regional Advisory Committee 2008-12
- Served as Executive SWA for the East Coast Conference from July 2010-12