A. The individual officially registers and
enrolls in a minimum full-time program of studies and attends
classes in any term of a four-year collegiate institution's regular
academic year (excluding summer) or:
B. The individual participates in a regular squad practice or competition at a four-year collegiate institution that occurs before the beginning of any term. Actions by staff members or athletic representatives that cause a prospective student to become a "recruited" student-athlete for SHU include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Providing transportation to the prospect to
2. Entertaining the prospect in any way on campus, except SHU may provide a complimentary admission to an athletic event in which your team is competing when the prospect visits campus as a member of a group tour.
3. Initiating or arranging a telephone contact with the prospect, family member or guardian for the purpose of recruitment.
4. Visiting a prospect, family member or guardian for the purpose of recruitment, or
5. Entertaining family members or guardians of a prospect on our campus.