We are very excited that you have expressed an interest in the Sacred Heart University Dance Team. There is a real commitment by the University and all of the women on the SHU Dance Team to have a first class team. It is our philosophy to combine academics, talent, hard work, and fun with a competitive team. We thought you would be interested in the following:
- We are a club sport and do not award scholarships
- The team was founded in 1994 and has continuously grown each year
- The team believes that academics are your priority and expect that each of the women on the team maintains a solid grade point average. This is reviewed by the coach.
- We compete in various regional competitions as well as the NCA/NDA College Nationals competition in Florida, we compete in Division 1
- The women on the team choreograph many of our routines
- We perform at all the home football and basketball games. In addition, we perform at special events on campus such as the Annual Fall Fashion Show, Open Houses, Pep Rallies, and Spring Weekend.
- We host clinics and many other events as fundraisers to help offset our travel costs for competitions